Hornady RAPiD Safe
Product Number: PC98150
Our Price: $189.99
Regular Price: $249.00
Availability: In stock
Details & SpecsReviewsQuestions
Introducing the RAPiD safe - a revolutionary concept in firearm protection that combines intuitive ease of access with safety and security.
- (Dimensions) Exterior: 15½x9x3½ in. Interior: 11x8x3 in.
- Open your safe in the blink of an eye - the RAPiD safe is the first to use patent-pending Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) for instant access. Simply place the included RFID bracelet, card, or key fob over the reader, and the RAPiD safe springs open to present your handgun.
- Built to exceed the ASTM International performance standards for youth resistant firearms containers, the RAPiD safe provides a high level of child resistance and unauthorized access protection.
- Can be opened with the RFID bracelet, card, or key fob, or with a personally programmed code. It is also accessible with a conventional key lock.
- AC power means your handgun is both protected and ready to go 24/7. The RAPiD safe also features a battery backup that may be used as a primary power source. Upon opening, the internal RAPiD sleeve presents your handgun at the perfect angle
- Weighs over 15 pounds, and features wrapped, 16-gauge steel construction and a heavy-duty ¼ in. steel dual-lug locking system. A 39 inch, 1,500 lb. rated cable secures the safe to an immobile object for additional theft protection.
- Uses standard household 110V power and includes a battery pack for backup or primary power.
- Inside the RAPiD safe is the padded RAPiD sleeve that presents handguns at the perfect angle. The RAPiD sleeve is removable, enabling storage of most revolvers with barrels as long as 6 inches. Also includes a security cable that is rated to 1,500 lbs..Hornady RAPiD Safe is rated out of 5 by 1.Rated 3 out of 5 by 3Gtwo from Great...EXCEPT FOR The speed at which the safe can be opened to gain access is great, better than a bio because you have to place your finger print just right to get it to open no matter how many times you've entered that finger print. But, the lifters that open the lid of the Hornady safe are too weak. I placed my Sig M11-A1without a magazine in the foam compartment just under the lid and the lid would open only about an inch or two when opened it with the bracelet. I called Hornady to see if they had stronger lifters for the safe, they said no. I'm searching for stronger aftermarket lifters to replace the orginals so I can put the foam compartment back in the safe and have better access to the firearm.Date published: 2015-09-29
Can this unit be mounted in different way such as sideways or can it be used in an automobile application?That would really be a question for Hornady ....Their # is 1-800-338-3220Date published: 2015-06-01