Magpul STR Stock Fits AR-15 Commercial Spec
Availability: Out of stock
The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines using commercial-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.* The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in U.S.A.
- Mounts on commercial-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP, ASAP QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5" push-button QD swivels (swivel not included)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25" sling loops
STR Carbine Stock, Commercial-Spec
- Weight: 12.3 oz.
- Weight, w/receiver extension: 16.3 oz.
- Length, max: 7.3 in.
- Width, max: 2.6 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.8 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~11.1 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: ~14.9 in.
** Specifications based on extended-length (slant-back) commercial-spec carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.